Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Things I Loved About My Mom...

Things I love the most and memories I'll cherish forever of my Mom:


  • She always reasured me that my freckles were angel kisses

  • Every Monday and Thursday night was our night for zumba. Neither one of us are dancers so it was always entertaining. She would always say "I hope no one is watching me because I am ambidextrous so I can do it both ways!" haha

  • My mom ALWAYS tells stories the best. She slightly exaggerates. ;)

  • Her laugh is loud but beautiful and contagious

  • She loved playing her piano and she was absolutely amazing at it, even though she didnt think she was.

  • Fishing and camping with my Dad was something she looked forward to doing, and she always out fished my Dad.

  • She had the most gorgeous tan and toned legs

  • Her cooking was the best, I wish I could have learned more from her.

  • She taught me how to sew

  • I remember when I was younger we would always go to the mountains to go "rock hunting." She loved how they were all different and couldn't resist putting them into her yard.

  • She loved listening to her nieces play their violins and guitar.

  • We went para-sailing together on the Coeur D Alene Lake.

  • Going to Mexico with the family I know was one of her favorite times of her life.

  • My mom was never afraid to do anything. I have never heard her say "I'm not going to do that I'm to scared." That woman had guts. ;)

  • She was always there for me no matter the situation. I could always count on her for anything.

  • Not one day went by that we didn't talk on the phone. And we would always go to lunch once a week.

  • She loved my friends just as if they were her own. We would always go "hang out" at my house during high school and that meant sitting and talking with my mom. She could make anyone laugh.

  • She always made sure she would make a seperate dish of food for Todd and I that didn't have any onions in it.

  • She was the only one that Harlee would listen to. No matter what she would come to her on command, but ignore the rest of us.

  • When I was younger I had a hard time sleeping downstairs in my bed alone, I was a big scaredy cat. So my mom set up a little mattress in her bedroom on the side of her bed so I wouldnt have to go a night of being scared. She was always there to comfort me.

  • She is so proud of my brother and all that he has accomplished.

  • My mom enjoyed all the simple things in life. She would always point out things like trees, rocks, different kind of flowers, anything that most people don't even glance at.

  • She was ALWAYS happy, there was never a day she didn't have a smile on her face.

  • Doing puzzles with grandma during the winter time was something she looked forward to.

  • She also enjoyed driving truck for Grandpa and David during grain and potato harvest. She was a farm girl at heart.

  • She pretty much planned my entire wedding and it was beautiful. Even though she wanted us to all go to Las Vegas and just Elope I know she loved that day. haha

  • Mom had a crazy obsession with eyebrows, she could make my Dad cry by plucking one of his random crazy hairs. And of course she found it hilarious.

There are MANY more memories I could share, but for right now I can't continue on. I miss her more and more each day. She truly was my best friend. The hole in my heart will never mend, but I do find some comfort knowing she is now my angel.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Ashley this was beautiful. I enjoyed reading about all the wonderful things your mother is to you.

Elizabeth said...

I came over from Sherelle's blog so I hope you dont mind. I am so sory about your Mum. I lost my mum when I was 21 and I know the incredible amount of pain you are going through. Your Mum sounds like a beautiful person and mother and I am sure she considered herself very lucky to have you. Take care of yourself at this really hard time.
Elizabeth x

Colette said...

Ashley I came to your blog from Sherelle's. I didn't know your mom personally but my heart breaks for you and the loss of your dear mother. I have thought she was such a neat person for a long time from reading Sherelle's blog and now can see what a wonderful person and mother she was. I only hope that somehow the wonderful memories of her can help ease the pain of loosing her.