Sunday, October 7, 2012

Spud Harvest And Our Computer Room

Todd and I have been working on our little office for quit some time now. I wanted to make it a warm country feeling. Luckily that wasn't to hard because my Mom had old doors and window frames stocked up in the barn. We used one of the old doors as the desk, and bought a piece of glass to go on top. The amazing part was the piece of glass was only $45! I thought for sure it would be at least $100. Todd's only request was we hang some of his sport pictures in the room. He had them in boring black frames so I found a trick on pinterest on how to do crackle paint using elmers glue! I honestly was expecting them not to turn out and end up needing to buy new frames, but it worked like a charm! I have also been looking for a letter "H" but they are SO expensive. So I bought a cheap cardboard one and painted it, I love how it turned out. So here are a few pictures of the room so far! I still have a few little things I'd like to do still.

Kind of blurry...

Boring and cheap looking frame

Now crackled and cute, I mean "manly" ;)


$4 cardboard letter from Porters

Used lace and spray paint to make it pretty. And also spray painted the mason jars.

An old window frame that we turned into a pin board covered in fabric.

And of course I had to make Harlee a matching bed :)


 Here are a few pictures from this years spud harvest. As always we had a good time!












3 comments:

Logan & Allie said...

I love how your computer room turned out! You really have a talent for decorating. I need you to come down here and help me make my house look that good!

Itsmeeealli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Your home is so rustic and adorable! My computer room has enormous coolers and servers all over the place you nearly trip on chords walking in. I will definitely have to consider adding this homey rustic feel somehow I love what you have done. What an inspiration!